Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This One's For The Girls

To tell you the truth, this post is not so much "for" the girls but "about" the girls. And I assure you Martina McBride did not have these particular girls in mind when she recorded her song and stole my post title. No, as far as I know, no song has ever been written about these girls and if it had then surely to goodness I'd know about it by now. The girls I'm referring to are not actually females but they belong to females if you were blessed with those good sorts of genes. So if you're the type who's uncomfortable talking about the female anatomy, then read no further. You have been duly warned.

BOOBIES! There you have it. This post is all about the boobies. And y'all, I'm not afraid to be honest with you about some serious boobie stuff I'm dealing with. I wrote a little song about it (to the tune of "These Boots Were Made for Walking")...and it goes a little somethin' like this:

These boobs weren't made for fallin'
But that's just what they do!
One of these days these boobs are gonna fall down to my shoes!

Just a cutesy song to let everybody in the big blogworld know that women everywhere are being deceived. Not necessarily lied to, just not given the all-out truth before the damage is done. I'm sure the La Leche League and all those others who tout the benefits of breastfeeding have only the best of intentions. But y'all, breastfeeding takes a TOLL, let me tell ya. And I should know. After nursing one baby for 10 months and two babies for 11 months, the ta-tas will never be the same. NE-VER. I can only imagine what that Dugger woman's boobs look like after nursing 18 kids. (I'm guessing she nursed since they're so frugal and all. Can you imagine the cost of formula for 18 kids!?!?!) Anyway, I'm pretty sure she's rolling those lovelies up and into her heavy duty bra at this point in the game.

Which brings me to my real reason for this revealing post: I need your help. Apparently there's nothing I can do about the droop aside from surgery and y'all, I am not all about that...yet. So I'm on the hunt for a bra that'll be a best friend to my boobies--you know, pick them up when they're down, support them through the highs and mostly lows, and just help them present their best selves to the world.


Do your boobies have a best friend like this? If so, please let me know and pronto. 'Cause the shoes--they are not so far away anymore.
Just keepin' it real girls.
Just keepin' it real.

7 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I haven't found the "secret"! I love the song though! "Hang" in there! Ha ~ pun totally intended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I have a different problem - and you know me so you know what I'm talkin' 'bout. I actually got some bodacious bralicious items from a friend who had reduction surgery and happened to be the same pre-surg that I am now.... She shops at Intimates in Atlanta. You better believe I snatched those suckers up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love V.Secret full coverage bras. They also make a full coverage uplift one that lifts BIG TIME. (Haven't gotten that one yet...those bras aren't cheap!)

    I LOVE your blog. Super cute, yay you started a blog. Oh and FYI, I would never describe you as dorky, so I am ready to know dorky Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post, Lisa. I wish I could help with your bra search. As you know, I have issues of my own in this department. I only wear minimizers; I'm less scary coming around corners that way. :) I HATE them, but they are a necessary evil. In order to "minimize," they flatten me so much, there is no room for lift or separation, two things I would really love to have. Personally, I have had good luck with Bali bras.

    Please do more posts like this. You've given us all much to consider. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a bra called "The Perfect Fit" on tv last night. Its by Victoria's Secret. I've always liked my bras from there and I think its always good to have them measure you to get a good fit but that's not the most pleasant experience either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa! I love the blog ~ can't wait to follow and see if you're as dorky as me :) Although, when I think about it, I'm more of the nerdy type...LOL! Close enough ~ only a nerd would differentiate between the two, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I just bought 2 from Vic Secret last week! I have clevage. And yes they were expensive, but I am worth it right!?!? You do wear them everyday. After running to my closet to look at one, and unfastening the one on, they both say push up (therefore the clevage!) I am pretty sure they are the miracle bra line. I was so stunned by trying on bra's for the first time since, uh, nursing Ella, I sheepishly asked the lady if I were perhaps a 38 or were my others so stretched out I don't know what they should really feel like. She assured me that I was indeed a 36 still (you know up in the letter size is Ok, but the #...well no as good news) I guess I was use to flop instead of support. I love them so much and was so excited that I could not wait to show Rob (yeah, TMI) and I even did a little dance to his response of laughter (uh, again TMI) Needless to say if I felt like dancing, they are great. If you tell the lady your size, she has a tray of all the styles for you to try on, and then you go into the store and pick your colors.

    ReplyDelete