Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oughtta Get Paid For This

Y'all I've been on a health kick and it seems to be working. I think now that I'm of an *ahem* certain age it is finally sinking in that if I want to be healthy and strong, then well, it's up to me to get myself that way. I've tried the whole sittin' on the couch eating like I'm still in college or something and you know what? It's just not cuttin' it anymore. For despite all the excuses I've come up with through the years, what's really been getting in my way is little ole me (or, "not-so-little-anymore ole me"). So about a month ago I joined Weight Watchers online and as of yesterday I met my initial goal weight! Everybody stand up and sing: Go shorty, it's your birthday, and we gon' party like it's your birthday! WooooHoooo! Haha!

Thank you, thank you, alright, yes, you can sit back down now, but...gather around y'all because in my quest to be 'more' of me by being 'less' of me, I have found something I must share with the world, or at the least maybe those two of you who actually read this blog. But I digress. Okay, are you ready for it?....

THIS is the new Object of My Affection and I've just gotta shout it out loud! After years of searching for the perfect water bottle (one simply must have a new-fangled water bottle every time one embarks on a health kick, you know) I finally found THE ONE. And it looks just like this...I'm a little misty-eyed just seeing the picture. This is the Camelbak .75L Better Bottle and I just can't say enough about it--I love, love, love it!! Please allow me to describe to you all the benefits of this OoMA (Object of My Affection):

  • Comes in a variety of colors to suit your taste
  • Has a nifty little handle that makes it easy to carry along even when your hands are full
  • Valve and straw make drinking from it less awkward than turning a water bottle up and chugging right in front of everyone
  • Ingenious colored bite valve camouflages lipstick/gloss residue (gross!)
  • Doesn't sweat a bit even when filled with the iciest of water!

And last, but certainly not least,

  • This water bottle DOES NOT LEAK no matter how much you shake it or which way you turn it or even if you drop it!

I could go on and on, but let me just say I give this water bottle almost all the credit for my newly formed healthy habit of drinking 48+ ounces of water per day. (plus Crystal Light--specifically White Grape--yum!) And when my sweet little two year old daughter looks up at me and asks, "Mommeeeee, Izzat Yew Sippeee Cuuup?" I can say emphatically, "YES! Yes this is mommy's sippy cup! Hallelujah!" I have never had so much love for a water bottle in my life. Whew. Now go out and get ya one!

8 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I am going to have to get one of those bottles - I wonder if they come in pink? I saw them at Dick's the other day and thought of you. BTW - Congratulations!!! That was really quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! that was fast!! V. proud of you! now what's next?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to really do this. (No chess bars for me.) Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I have to amend my statement about it not sweating...today I filled it with really cold ice water and it got a thin film of condensation...but not running and dripping with water or anything like that. :) And I know the smaller size comes in pink, but I'm betting this middle size does too...check on amazon.com for all the available colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright! You've convinced me! It's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic. I want one of those in Periwinkle:) Maybe they have them in Austin! E and I will look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO with you on this one! I had a PINK bottle, but replaced it with a LIGHT BLUE one that is BPA free. It goes to work with me, to the gym, is put by my bed at the end of the day and is there when I get up in the morning.

    Love! Love! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First: I'm extremely proud of you for hitting your WW goal!

    Next: I'm jealous that after a freakin' MONTH you hit goal?! You suck for that, my dear, LOL -- and I saw you rocking the bridesmaid's dress at Unique's wedding...and you saw me looking never as heavy as I've ever been in my L-I-F-E. I'd need soooo much more time than a month just to get halfway to goal! ;>

    ReplyDelete