Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Confessions of a Neat Freak

Hey y'all! It's waaay too late and I am waaay too awake, but I have to confess something. After a full day, finally getting the kids to bed, actually exercising, then stopping to enjoy a post-exercise snack at 9:00pm (that's what you're supposed to do right? replace all those calories you just burned off?), I hopped in for an extra long shower and hopped out all motivated to clean out the bathroom cabinets and drawers.

Now under current circumstances this would be considered a nice little surprise. Lately it's been like pulling teeth to get me to do any sort of organizing around here. I know this is hard to believe as I am all "I'm gonna lose it if I can't find a place for everything and soon!" 97.65% of the time. (Y'all didn't know I was all technical-like either did you?) But the problem tonight is, I have two chapters to read for Bible study tomorrow morning. And it's already late. And did I mention the two chapters?

Well, I must confess I chose to clean out. And although there's way more religion in that book than under my bathroom sink, I think I can honestly say I spent some quality time with the Lord digging through those drawers full of old hair products, nail polishes and half-used lip glosses. Because there's really nothing like the feeling of doing something that is so innate and true to the person God made me to be. Thank you, Lord, for making me ME! Guess I better wrap this up and get to reading...only two chapters to go! And by the way, the bathroom? It looks GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you've started a blog. It looks great! BTW - how late did you stay up? You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete